Registering with the Service, requires certain information such as: (1) personally identifiable information, which is information that identifies you personally, including but not limited to your first and last name, email address, home address, date of birth and phone number ("Personal Information"); (2) demographic information, such as information about your location, age, gender, and spending habits ("Demographic Information"); (3) medical information regarding your medical marijuana recommendation, including the name and license number of your recommending physician, the contact information of the physician, the method to verify the authenticity of said recommendation, the expiration date of that recommendation, the recommendation verification number itself, and the details of any orders placed through the Service (“Medical Information”).
Box of Jane may use several and any methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information ("Tracking Technologies"). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies, without limitation, include the following (and subsequent technology and methods to be developed): cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, e-tags, and/or entity tags. Our Service may use location-based services in order to verify your location, deliver you relevant content based on your location, and share your location with the pre-registered delivery and dispensary service providers as part of the location-based services we offer. Please note that we will only directly provide third parties we work with access to your exact location information and only after you give us permission to do so. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people anytime and in any fashion on the internet or social media. Our use of Tracking Technologies may occur for a variety of purposes, but not limited to: (1) to grant you permission to use and access our Service, including cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of Service functionality; (2) to assess the performance of the Service, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Service; (3) to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Service, including identifying you when you visit our Service or keeping track of our specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on our Service; and to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests in and on our Service and third-party sites based on how you interact with our content and ads.
We may receive information about you from our affiliates, from any other users of the Service, or from any other third parties that may provide us information we deem relevant to your use of the Service. Box of Jane may at its sole discretion collect and use this information as Personal Information.
The Service may include functionality that allows certain kinds of interactions between the Service and your account on a third-party web site or application; for example interaction with a state licensed cannabis dispensary, medical cannabis cooperative, collective, or delivery service’s website. The use of this functionality may involve the third-party operator providing certain information, including Personal Information, to us. For example, we may provide third-party sites' interfaces or links on the Service to facilitate your sending a communication from the Service. Box of Jane may at its sole discretion collect and use this information as Personal Information.
A. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Compliance
The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes standards to protect users of the Service individuals’ medical records and other personal health information. The Service has appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization.
Box of Jane incorporates commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
C. How and When Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
1. When You Provide Information to Third Parties. You may be presented with an option on our Service to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
2. Administrative and Legal Reasons. We may disclose Personal and Usage Information when subpoenaed by law enforcement; to protect the Service; and to detect or prevent misuse, fraud, security, or technical issues or where otherwise required to do so by law.
3. Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Service, such as: (1) to assist us in Service operations; (2) to manage a database of customer information; (3) hosting the Service; (4) designing and/or operating the Service's features; (5) tracking the Service's activities and analytics; (6) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (7) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide vendors with access to your information to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set parameters and access their own technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. We are not responsible for those third-party technologies or activities arising out of them. However, some third-parties may offer you certain choices regarding their practices. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties' opt-out options.
4. Affiliates and Business Transfer. We may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (1) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (2) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
6. Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. Box of Jane may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") through the Service that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
Please note that all user generated content is subject to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Service.
The user is responsible for maintaining the truthfulness and accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as the user’s contact information and doctor recommendation information provided as part of registration. The Service will disable a user’s account if the information provided is determined to be false or no longer current.